First bit of news….you may have noticed some layout changes in the blog…
I’m happy to say that I’m now a part of the FoodBuzz Featured Publishers Program. 🙂 Yay! I feel so legit now.
In other news….
Wednesday is ovahhh! Woo. It means the week is more than halfway done – yesss.
Today was a good day — albeit wicked busy. I had my Design Lab, French, French Lab and Journalism…alll in a row aka every single class within ten minutes of the next. It meant a lot of running around — which meant not a lot of time for eats.
In the morning, I had a coffee before I left my apartment (it was a ridonculously small “leftover latte“), and I grabbed another on my way to school (no picture of that one..but you’ve all seen my Starbucks lattes before)…seeing as I couldn’t even think as to when I would have the opportunity to eat. …I really need to start packing food.
I didn’t eat a real breakfast (my bad)…so I grabbed lunch after all my classes were done with a few friends. It was great to catch up and EAT! haha I grabbed a salad because honestly..I didn’t feel like looking around the cafe.. and it was pretty good. A little soggy but good.
After eating, we waited in line for about an hour for BRUINS TICKETS! Yay, I’m excited to go to the game. 😀 I didn’t finish my salad so it came back to my apartment with me where I doused it (okay…so doused is an exaggeration) with Maple Grove Farms‘ Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Quite yummy. haha
By the time this picture was taken all of the chicken and all but one of the mandarin oranges were longggg gone.
I snacked on a cheese stick (yummm love these) and then got down to business making dinnnah.
On the menu — I don’t know what to call it…my own pad thai of sorts? haha
- Toasted (by me) cashews [just threw ’em in a hot, dry pan for a little]
- Frozen corn
- Brown rice
- Hoisin sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- A bit of soy sauce
- Spicy peppers
I’m actually really proud of this one. It came out really good…especially for being a sort of “throw this in, throw that in” type of thing.
What I did:
- Threw the cashews into a dry, hot pan until they were a little toasty — then took them out and just put ’em on the cutting board
- Threw corn in the pan until it was defrosted and had started browning (honestly as much as you want or any veggie or protein that you might want)
- Threw in the brown rice and let it get a little toasty.
- Added about a teaspoon of hoisin sauce.
- Added about a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Add as much sriracha as you dare
- Added parsley — and tossed everything together.
- Turned the heat off and then added the peppers…just so they’d stay crunchy.
- Then, chopped up the cashews a bit, and a bit of extra parsley .
- Assemble. haha 🙂
- And most importantly EAT!
It was seriously BOMB!!
I’m going to relax for a little (aka ingest copious amounts of Dark Chocolate Dreams or popcorn or both….), and get down to business…seeing as I have a tonnn of work to do for my classes…including watch a 3 hour silent movie online. Joy. haha I’ll break out the popcorn for that one. :-p Either way, I’ll probably munch my way through the evening…per usual.
I hope you’re all having a faannntastic week.