Okay, so sometimes it can appear as if some who write these blogs come across as “perfection.” Seemingly every meal is perfect, every crisis (or lack thereof) is handled with ease, there is no self-doubt or insecurity etc., etc.
Obviously, that’s not the way things are…but sometimes appearances are deceiving.
I don’t think that I necessarily am that way as a blogger (um, hi – indulgence is a fixture here – though it used to not be as frequent), but that doesn’t mean that maybe someone out there thinks that way about me. However, it made me kind of want to do an “honesty” post…those random little obscure facts that don’t come out in everyday convo/blog posts.
My life is not always healthy, it’s not always about moderation: those are the goals – but that’s the truth.
- If I can avoid a workout I will… preferably in favor of sleep. It’s not that I don’t enjoy a workout, but it’s the “getting there” that’s hard for me.
- I do like veggies and whole grains…and all that good stuff, but I like chocolate, carbohydrates and sugar more.
- There have been times when I’ve hesitated or not posted anything because of “fear” of judgement – this was especially true within my first year of blogging.
- I know aspartame isn’t good…but I do love me some diet soda.
- Sometimes, I like taking pictures of the food I’m making more than actually sitting down and blogging about it.
- There are days when a vegetable just doesn’t make its way into my system.
- There is always chocolate on hand.
- I eat emotionally. Yep, when things suck…bring on the frozen pizza and sweets.
- I eat frozen pizza and sweets just because I like them, too. haha
- I really like a good cheeseburger…and french fries.
- Sometimes things just suck; I try to abide by the “fake it til you make it” mentality, but it can be tiring.
- I rarely think extensively about my wardrobe. My summer “uniform” is jean shorts and a soft cotton-t.
- There’s a lot going on in my life that I just keep to myself.
- My height (5’10”) can bring about insecurities in terms of my weight. Sometimes a couple of pounds can feel like they make me look like a linebacker, when it wouldn’t make much of a difference for someone with a more petite frame. Realistic? Nahttt necessarily, but it’s there every now and then.
- Sometimes breakfast for me is just coffee.
- What’re your thoughts on honesty or reality in the blogosphere?