Alright – so the lovely Sarah at Sarah Doodles nominated me for The Liebster Award…thank you!! Basically, it’s a way for all of us to get to know each other better…in the most random way possible!…which is always the best (or at least most amusing.. )way, in my experience. haha
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
5. Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
My 11 Random Facts:
- My favorite television shows (stealing this one!) are currently New Girl (it’s ridiculous, but I love those guys), Law & Order SVU (my roommate and I have an addiction…), Parks & Recreation (Amy Poehler #ftw!) andddd while it’s not back until February – Psych (Shawn and Gus are my faves).
- I’m allergic to “fake” cinnamon stuff – whether its Red Hots or the cinnamon scented pinecones they sell in pretty much every grocery store in the fall/winter, they make me feel awful. Don’t even get me started on walking past (let alone going inside…) a Yankee Candle from November onward…my own personal hell.
- I have a huge, huuuge cheese obsession. But really… I could live off the stuff.
- The first music I ever owned? Crazy, Sexy, Cool by TLC aaand some BoyzIIMen album…both cassettes. Between the word “sexy” in TLC’s album title and BoyzIIMen’s “I’ll make love to you…” – I’m surprised my mom let me have them.
- My first job? Lifeguard at a water park (Water Country for anyone from the New England-area)…I’ve seen more grown men *think* they were drowning in four feet of water than you’d believe (“Stand up, sir…put your feet down!), and I still know their jingle by heart (and apparently so do the UMass Doo Wop Shop)…
- I took dance for exactly one day. I took my tap class (which I actually remember really liking), and then they didn’t call my name for the next class I was supposed to be in … I declared I was dunzo. Dramatic. I was also two.
- I love Paul Rudd (not in a creepy, stalker way, I swear). I just do. Maybe it’s the boyish charm? Or the killer sense of humor? Who knows… all I know is that I will be seeing “This is 40” in theatres whether or not anyone else wants to come with me.
- I’m 5’10” – without fail…. every time I’m at a bar a guy will inform me that I’m tall like I’m not aware of it.
- I’m obsessed with the Titanic. Like even before Jack and Rose. I’m pretty sure we have recorded documentaries on VHS all over my mom’s house…and I’m probably the only person who would say the highlight of my trip to Vegas was the Titanic exhibit… no shame.
- I started my undergrad at the University of Vermont (though I transferred when I switched majors). I definitely miss BTV – love that crazy, lil’ city.
- I once got stuck on a boat in the middle of Lake Champlain…in March (brrr)…at night…. and had to be rescued by the fire department.
- What was your favorite television show growing up? What is it now? Growing up? Loved Boy Meets World…and 7th Heaven…my friends and I were obsessed. Now? I wouldn’t say I have an absolutely fave but SVU has sort of taken over my life… haha
- What is your dream job? Interior designer. I was always that kid that would rearrange her room in the middle of the night. Normal. or pop star. haha I dressed up as the Spice Girls for career day in elementary school.
- What movie could you watch over and over? Love Actually – yeah, yeah..
- If you could have any super power, what would it be? Ahh, that’s tough. Teleportation or flying, I guess.
- If you had to ch0ose one food to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Fried calamari with hot peppers. Obsessed. or a damn good lobster roll. I can’t choose apparently.
- What’s the most recent trip you’ve taken? Went to visit my cousins in upstate New York
- Who was the last person you’ve talked to today (in person or by phone)? My coworker.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday. Though Sunday mornings (while not an entire day) are a close second.
- Do you have any pets? What kinds? No, not right now. – but I wish I could have a dog.
- Are you a morning or night person? After being a night owl my whole life, I’ve miraculously morphed into a morning person. I can’t sleep in now for the life of me. …though that doesn’t mean that I’m the most chipper morning person…
- Beer, wine or mixed drinks? D. All of the above haha – Beer for casual nights out, mixed drinks out for dinner and wine really only at home – and rarely …I swear I don’t drink that much
Now I’m supposed to create questions… 11 of ’em? Gah. This was never my strong suit….
- What’s one thing that you’re recommending to anyone and everyone right now?
- Crunchy or smooth peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter)?
- What’s one thing that’s always in your fridge?
- What’s the last movie you saw in theatres?
- What was the last spontaneous thing you did?
- What’s one trend in the blogosphere that you just can’t/won’t get onboard with?
- Ever meet a celebrity? Dish. 🙂
- What’s your coffee order? I’m hoping for some super complicated ones. haha
- Heels or flats?
- What song are you currently obsessed with?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Now – tagging… I know some people love these things…some people can’t stand ’em – sooo I’m going to go with a free-for-all approach here. I love all of you – so if you read this blog, and want to participate – go to town!!
Instead of tagging people for the purpose of reposting – here are just a few of my fave ladies with amazing blogs, if you haven’t checked out their stuff yet… you should :
- Steph @ Steph Snacks
- Kailey @ Snack Face
- Naomi @ One Fit Foodie
- Hannah @ Fit Girl, Happy Girl
- Erin @ Creative Soul in Motion
- Becki @ Fighting for Wellness
- Rachael @ Ready to Get Sweaty
- Erin @ Erin Berries Blog